9 Ways DrumSongStory makes School Assembly Booking Easy and Hassle Free For the PTO Cultural Enrichment Committee
I reflected a bit on the things that I do to make your life as easy and hassle free as possible while at the same time delivering the highest quality school programs humanly possible. This may sound self promotional. Well it is! I deeply and truly believe that I would be a great choice for your next school assembly or family concert! One of the keys to my success has been focusing as much on you and your needs and challenges as a volunteer as I do on the students and teachers.
Here’s what I came up with:
- My proven, kid and teacher tested assembly programs support school themes and curriculum areas, inspire love of learning, even help teachers teach better.
- I’m dependable and “compulsively” early. Since 1993 and thousands of shows I’ve never canceled and only postponed. I usually arrive at least an hour and a half before show time. You don’t have to wait around wondering if I’m going to show up or not. This saves you stress and possible embarrassment.
- I’m easy to work with. I’ve heard plenty of stories about other performers who didn’t know how to deal with special-ed kids or with the tight time constraints of a school schedule. It’s no accident that I get compliments all the time about how well I handle mid-program distractions. That reflects positively on you.
- I’ve been checked out and trained by some of the best Arts In Education specialists in the country. For a long time I was an artist on the roster of the CT Commission on Arts, Culture & Tourism as a “master teaching artist.” I’ve also been trained by the Westchester Arts Council as well as the Arts Council of the Southern Finger Lakes.
- I come prepared. I bring a state of the art sound system, drums from all over the world and a HUGE drum I carved out of a tree trunk. So you don’t need to worry about whether it will sound and look good. It will.
- I’m easy to set up for. All I usually need from you is 3 armless chairs. It’s that simple.
- I do my own booking. This means you don’t have to deal with a middle man. When you call to find out if a date is available, you don’t have to wait for my booking agent to call me and me to call my agent back and then the agent give you a return call. I’m reachable directly. I give you my e-mail and cell phone. I usually return my calls within the same day. Less “Phone Tag” for you.
- I can handle a wide age and developmental range. Because what I do works on so many levels I frequently do shows for audiences of K-8 as well as family concerts. Not many other artists can handle that age range successfully. What’s that worth?
- My programs are an incredible value and ultimately affordable. They are admittedly not the cheapest school assemblies out there. However, if you divide my single show fee by the typical audience size of 300 it works out to about $3.00 per child. Consider the fact that an assembly has the power to inspire and motivate students for years after the event. Also with my block booking discounts, the more schools you have in your district the more each school saves. Learn more about my fees and block booking discounts
I’m sure I could come up with a few more ways I strive to make your life easier and less stressful while focusing on doing the absolute best I possibly can to provide you with an incredible assembly that educates as much as it entertains. But I’ve got to get ready for my next show and I like to be EARLY!
All the best!
Mark Shepard, DrumSongStory
Want to talk to me about an assembly at your school? Call me at 888+598+7709 or e-mail me at mark [at] MarkShepard.com
Or if you’d rather I contact You Just Fill out the handy form below and I’ll get back to you asap!