An eclectic, ever-changing, shape-shifting, globe-circling, archetype-exploring, bridge-building, boundary-breaking, mind/heart/ear opening, combination of Drums, Songs & Stories.
This is a totally flexible format where I mix a little of everything I do to create a performance custom tailored to each audience.
Depending upon what I pull out of my DrumSongStory bag, this program can be a celebration of Creativity, Language Arts, Multi-Culturalism, Nature, Tolerance, Character Education, etc. Or, it can be adapted to whatever theme you might be working with.
- Songs: From a repertoire of over 300, a lifetime of subjects. Example: Porcupine Ice Cream
- Stories: From all over the world featuring drums and cool sound effects instruments as well as audience participation. Example: Coyote & Cicada
- Drums: African Djembe & Djun-Djun, Irish Bodhran, Siberian Shaman Drum and more. Example: Funga Alafia – Western African Welcoming Song & Rhythm
- “DrumSongStories”: Silkie (Ireland/Eskimo), Curiosity (Africa/Ireland), Jack ‘N The Beanstalk (Europe/N.America), Pool Rap (suburbia), and more. Example: Curiosity
- Overtone Singing & Throat Whistling: You just have to hear it…
Program Length: 45-60 minutes (or longer if appropriate) Appropriate ages: K through 12 and on up to Adults Can be Combined with: Drumming, Songwriting, Storytelling, or Instrument Making Workshops
To book this program now call 1-800-378-4971 or e-mail mark[at]markshepard.com
See what other DrumSongStory Programs are available for: