I offer many of the same DrumSongStory School Assembly Programs for Middle Schools that I offer for Elementary Schools. The difference lies mainly with the levels of comprehension. I also take a number of different approaches for Middle School audiences to break through their attempt at being “tool cool” to participate.
In addition, I have developed several programs that are geared specifically for older audiences.
- Beyond the Borders: While this happens to be my most popular school assembly program for all age groups, it was originally created for Easton Middle School in Easton CT as part of a multicultural awareness program. I don’t currently have a video of this program with Middle School kids, but I do have a video done recently of the program with a group of K-5. Check out the Video here
- Trickster Tales: I originally developed this Program for Jockey Hollow Middle School in Monroe CT. It is practically right out of the 7th grade Literature text book. It’s funny. It’s cool. It’s interactive. It covers a lot of geographic and cultural ground from Africa to North America and Asia.
- Drum of the Elephant King: A magical musical adventure story and teaching tale from Haiti, combines European and African Story Forms as it teaches a geography lesson. This program it perfect for Middle School Students because it is totally interactive but in a cool way. It ties in to a number of curriculum areas, Folktales, Slavery, Colonialism, Environmental studies, Social Studies.
- The Bully Proof Kid/Teen – As the classic “sensitive kid” who grew up as the target of teasing and bullying I suffered from low self esteem and intimidation even as an adult. This motivated me to learn a powerful set of personal excellence and communication tools called Neuro Linguistic Programming or NLP. In this program I use my trademark Drums, Songs and Stories to teach valuable “Modern Jedi” skills that increase students’ resourcefulness and ability stop bullying & build self esteem.
“Such a fabulous Performance!! All the students (K-8) were still buzzing about it the next day. the teachers had nothing but great praise for the assembly. DrumSongStory is tops.
– Karen Clark, Sterling Memorial School, Oneco, CT
“One Student said, ‘Mr. Shepard is a master teacher. Language Arts, Geography, Muaic and even Creole were included in his performance of the Drum of the Elephant King.’ I thought her comment exemplified how truly impressive your performance was.”
– Tara Flores, Oliver Middle School, Lawrence, MA
To book a school assembly or program now…
- Call: 203-804-1208
- Email Mark@MarkShepard.com