Mark Shepard’s DrumSongStory Assembly Programs for Elementary Schools
Please View this Important Message From Diane Jones, Teacher at The Children’s Community School.
Then Scroll down for program details!
"A Wonderful assembly! The performance was captivating. The kids were mesmerized from the time they entered the auditorium. The haunting sounds he played caught their attention and kept them engaged throughout the performance. His music and storytelling tied into our curriculum and we loved that it touched on how different cultures influence each other."
Paula O’Brien, West District School, Unionville NY
DrumSongStory Elementary School Assembly Programs:
Click the name of the Program below for more details!
Multicultural School Assemblies:
- DrumSongStory – Drums, Songs & Stories about pretty much anything. General Theme.
- Beyond The Borders – Drums, Songs & Stories Celebrating Cultural Collaboration and Global Awareness. This program can also support peace and tolerance themes.
- The Power of Peace! – Drums, Songs & Stories celebrating the power we all have as individuals to create peace out of conflict. Inspires respect, empathy, kindness and care-full communication skills
- The Drum of The Elephant King – An Epic Magical, Musical Teaching Tale from Haiti that combines natural history, geography, and African and European story forms
- Trickster Tales – Drums, Songs & Stories Celebrating the Trickster Archetype Around The World
- The Talking Drum – (formerly “Monkey & Leopard”) Drums, Songs & Stories from Africa & the African Diaspora.
- Beneath the Northern Star – Drums, Songs & Stories Celebrating Northern Lands and Cultures from the Inuit (Eskimos) to Ireland and Scandinavia.
- Mysts & Magick – Drums, Songs & Stories from Ireland
Natural History Based School Assemblies:
- Breathing Underwater – Drums, Songs & Stories Above, Beneath and Beyond the Sea
- Birds Don’t Carry Suitcases, They Just Fly! – Drums, Songs & Stories Celebrating Birds and Ornithology
Seasonal School Assemblies:
- Season of Light – A non-religious celebration of the time of year between Thanksgiving and New Year’s with stories from all over the world and Mark’s original songs. The theme is about gratitude and giving, celebrating the return of the light and winter…
Anti Bullying and Character Education Assemblies:
- Abi Yo Yo – An Annoyingly Dysfunctional Family Saves a Town From a Giant and discover a few lessons about character in the process! (Inspired by Pete Seeger’s classic tale)
- The Bully Proof Kid – Bullying Prevention School Assembly Program that does more than just preach at kids about being “nice.” Mark Shepard uses his Songs and Stories along with his 10 years of experience as a Master Practitioner and Trainer of Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) to entertain and educate while delivering powerful “take away” tools to assist students to deflect and defuse teasing, name calling, conflict and insensitive behavior while keeping their self esteem and self respect intact.
"The show and your talents far exceeded what I thought I had booked for the presentation."
Peggy Sheehan, PTO, Cultural Arts Committee"I would never have imagined your performance could truly be as breathtaking had I not been experiencing it myself!"
Patty Langer, Woodstock, NY"An incredible day of drums, songs and stories! The workshops and performance were outstanding! The staff surveys we have received have been extremely positive, and I have heard reports of many new instruments from kids who visited your website that evening…Thanks again!"
Linda Winzer, Lyme Consolidated School PTO"Such a fabulous Performance!! All the students (K-8) were still buzzing about it the next day. the teachers had nothing but great praise for the assembly. DrumSongStory is tops."
Karen Clark, Sterling Memorial School"Everyone enjoyed your performance. I only heard rave reviews from the teachers and my own children who particularly had a good time."
Mindy Halsey, The Children’s School, Stamford, CT"Your visit to Naramake School was wonderful. I bought one of your CD's and my kids just love it. They listen to it every night at bed time they must know every song or story by now, they are always singing the songs. We are also trying to make some of the instruments. I just wanted to say thank you and please keep up the good work."
Erica Hines, Naramake School, Norwalk, CT"A Wonderful assembly! The performance was captivating. The kids were mesmerized from the time they entered the auditorium. The haunting sounds he played caught their attention and kept them engaged throughout the performance. His music and storytelling tied into our curriculum and we loved that it touched on how different cultures influence each other."
Paula O’Brien, West District School, Unionville NY"One Student said, ‘Mr. Shepard is a master teacher. Language Arts, Geography, Music and even Creole were included in his performance of the Drum of the Elephant King.’ I thought her comment exemplified how truly impressive your performance was."
Tara Flores, Oliver Middle School, Lawrence MA"Our experience with Mark Shepard was a complete success. The performance was first rate and our students and teachers enjoyed a wonderful and creative day. Mark was a delight to work with from planning to performance."
Tina Agati, Waterbury, CT
To book a school assembly or program now…
- Call: 888.598.7709
- Email Mark@MarkShepard.com