Please click the name of the Program below for more details!
Multicultural School Assemblies
My most popular program. Drums, Songs & Stories Celebrating Cultural Collaboration and Global Awareness. This program can also support peace and tolerance themes.
An Epic Magical, Musical Teaching Tale from Haiti that combines natural history, geography, and African and European story forms
Drums, Songs & Stories about pretty much anything. General Theme.
Interactive School Assembly.
Award winning songwriter and storyteller and Peak Performance Coach, Mark Shepard uses Drums, Songs and Stories to celebrate the power we all have as individuals to make a positive difference in the world.
(formerly called “Monkey & Leopard”)
Drums, Songs & Stories from Africa & the African Diaspora.
Drums, Songs & Stories Celebrating the Trickster Archetype Around The World
Drums, Songs & Stories Celebrating Northern Lands and Cultures from the Inuit (Eskimos) to Ireland and Scandinavia.
Drums, Songs & Stories from Ireland
Natural History Based School Assemblies
- Breathing Underwater – Drums, Songs & Stories Above, Beneath and Beyond the Sea
- Birds Don’t Carry Suitcases, They Just Fly! – Drums, Songs & Stories Celebrating Birds and Ornithology
Seasonal School Assemblies
- Season of Light – A non-religious celebration of the time of year between Thanksgiving and New Year’s with stories from all over the world and Mark’s original songs. The theme is about gratitude and giving, celebrating the return of the light and winter…
Anti Bullying and Character Education Assemblies
- Abi Yo Yo – An Annoyingly Dysfunctional Family Saves a Town From a Giant and discover a few lessons about character in the process! (Inspired by Pete Seeger’s classic tale)
- Bully Free Me – an Anti Bullying School Assembly Program that does more than just preach at kids. Mark Shepard uses his Drums, Songs and Stories along with his 10 years of experience as a Master Practitioner and Trainer of Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) to entertain and educate while delivering powerful “take away” tools to assist students to defuse potentially dangerous confrontations with bullies while keeping their self esteem and self respect intact.
Reactions, Responses & Reviews…
Erica Hines, Naramake School, Norwalk, CT
"Your visit to Naramake School last week was wonderful. I bought one of your tapes and my kids just love it. They listen to it every night at bed time they must know every song or story by now, they are always singing the songs. We are also trying to make some of the instruments. I just wanted to say thank you and please keep up the good work."
Mindy Halsey, The Children’s School, Stamford, CT
"Everyone enjoyed your performance. I only heard rave reviews from the teachers and my own children who particularly had a good time."
Karen Clark, Sterling Memorial School, Oneco, CT
"Such a fabulous Performance!! All the students (K-8) were still buzzing about it the next day. the teachers had nothing but great praise for the assembly. DrumSongStory is tops."
Barbara Weiss, Temple Hill academy, Newburgh NY
"What went well? EVERYTHING! Excellent performance!"
Brian Ary, Headmaster Buckley School, NYC
"Brisk, entertaining and appropriately participatory. Presented for each span of grades at the right level for understanding and appreciation."
Patricia Hallinan, Uriah Hill Elementary School, Peekskill, NY
"Thank you so much for the special evening you gave us. Your program is universally appealing. It was enjoyed by toddlers, grandparents and everyone in between and crossed over cultures and backgrounds!"
Dr. Jerome J. Zack, Banford ES, Canton NY
"Terrific audience participation! Educationally and artistically valuable. I would recommend this program to any school!"
Dodie McCartney, The Buckley School, NYC
"Thank you so much! Your storytelling is superb and the use of percussion only enhanced the story. The student involvement brought your performance to till another level. We have never had such a fabulous assembly!"
Tina Agati, Children's Community School
"Our experience with Mark Shepard was a complete success. The performance was first rate and our students and teachers enjoy a wonderful and creative day. Mark was a delight to work with from planning to performance!"
Linda Winzer, Lyme Consolidated School
"Outstanding! The staff surveys have been extremely positive."
Susan Woythaler, Portsmouth Schools
"The students were ENTHRALLED!"
Peggy Sheehan, Bethlehem ES
"This was so much better than hat I though I had booked!"
Tara Flores, Oliver MS
"One student said, 'Mr Shepard is a master teacher. Language Arts, Geography, Music and even Creole and French were included in his performance of the Drum of The Elephant King.' I thought her comment exemplified how truly impressive your performance was!"
Patty Langer, Woodstock ES
"I would never have imagined his performance could truly be as breathtaking had I not been experiencing it myself!"
Stony Point School
"The Children went away filled with joy!"
Guilford Arts Center
"Mark Shepard is a one man Multi-Media Event!"
To book a program now…
- Call: 203-804-1208
- Email: Mark@MarkShepard.com
Prefer to have me contact YOU? Simply fill out the form below! Thanks for your interest!